Monday, December 14, 2015

Blind Date With A Book

Picture Credit : Blind Date With A Book

Blind Date With A Book is basically a mystery book, wrapped in brown paper, carefully selected for you based on your Facebook timeline sharing / Facebook profile. Interesting, right? If you are interested, Bistro Pustaka is providing free books to all fans of books out there with one condition; you have to pick up the book itself at Bistro Pustaka or at Raaid Boutiques Cafe, Bangi Sentral. You can also check out their next event at https://www.facebook.com/blinddatewiththebook/

Picture Credit : Bistro Pustaka, Nilai. Picture shared by Nik Nur Fatehah

A few days ago, my husband and I went to Bistro Pustaka to pick up my 'blind date' at Bistro Pustaka, Nilai. It was around 7 pm. Luckily, the shop owner was still there (I have been told later that the shop usually close around that time). Since I did not make any appointment earlier, my 'blind date' was not ready for me. But the owner was very kind to me and he told me to take a book that I like the most from the shelves. Yay! Lucky me!


There were a lot of books in the shop. There were English novels, Malay novels, reference books, comic books and I think I saw some of children books there. Some were on the shelves and some were still in boxes. Seriously, it was hard for me to choose since I was only allowed to pick one book. So, from hundred of books on the shelves, I chose 'Morning, Noon and Night' by Sidney Sheldon, simply because I don't have any Sidney Sheldon novels at home ;D

While I was looking and deciding on what book that I want to choose, I have asked a few questions to the owner. One of the reason that he organized this programme is that he wanted to share the books that he had with everyone. Apart from organizing the programme, he also sell and rent out second hand books at reasonable prices. His shop is at No 21, Jalan Cempaka 24, Taman Cempaka 2, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. Check it out!

p/s : Terima kasih banyak - banyak. Lain kali saya datang lagi yer ;p

No comments: