Friday, May 20, 2011

I Am A Teacher

Picture Credit :  I Am A Teacher

For all teachers, Happy Teacher's Day
I was born the first moment that a question leaped from the mouth of a child.


Throughout the course of a day I am called upon to be an actor, friend, nurse and doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender, psychologist, substitute parent and a keeper of the faith.


I am the most fortunate of all who labor. I know that what I build with love and truth, will last forever. I am privileged to see that life is reborn each day with new questions, ideas and friendships.


And who do I have to thank for this wonderful life I am so fortunate to experience? You, the public and the parents who entrust to me their greatest contribution to eternity, their children.

I have wept for joy at the weddings of former students,laughed with glee at the birth of their children and stood with head bowed in grief and confusion by graves dug too soon for bodies far too young.

I have a past that is rich in memories, I have a present that is challenging, and fun, because I am allowed to spend my days with the future.

I Am A Teacher And I Am Thankful For It Every Day.

By John Wayne "Jack" Schlatter (Adapted from his book I Am A Teacher)

Source : I Am A Teacher

1 comment:

kemei said...

happy teachers day~